With its past and present stuffed with the legends of America, the city of Dallas is the mythical capital of Texas. The second largest city is famous for its contribution to its popular culture especially the Cowboys and their cheerleaders. The city is unlike a famed television show. It is the perfect example of modern and post-modern architecture as well as Gothic architecture. The city is a true metropolitan with massive highway systems and mini-mansions. It is a full-fledged food city and usually considered as the I-land. The city is also home to many parks offer Jogging, swimming, tennis, picnic, and golf. You will always get a lot of things here to see and do.
Best Time to Visit Dallas
The best time to visit Dallas in October and April/May when the Texas state fairs take place. Dallas is situated at the southern edge of the Tornado Valley where you can enjoy the storm city expeditions and tours in the spring. During these months the weather is pleasant and perfect for outdoor exploration.
Language & Currency
|English||United States Dollar (USD)|
Top 10 Attractions in Dallas, Texas
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens: You can actually have a great time with your family at this gorgeous garden spread across 66-acre garden for family interests and the amazing 8 acres for children fun and exploration.
- The Sixth Floor Museum: This museum documents the much loved President John F. Kennedy’s legacy, early life, and presidential policies. The museum has an award winning gift shop and a nice café.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science: Popular amongst the children of all ages because of its in-hand learning experiences, this museum is home to five floors of 11 permanent exhibit halls. It’s the place where the kids will love to spend time while learning.
- Klyde Warren Park: The unique park is easily accessible in the middle of the Uptown Dallas, with many food joints along its perimeter. The kids can stay busy here for all the day.
- Dallas Museum of Art: At this wonderful museum year of humanity from all cultures are kept all together. It is home to the permanent collection of masterpieces which includes Picasso, Rodin, Monet, and many more.
- American Airline Center: Home to the Dallas Stas and Dallas Mavericks as well lots of concerts and other active live performances, it is the very proud establishment of the city and with a good reason.
- White Rock Lake Park: It is a very popular park offering a wide range of special events. The loving fact its natural surrounding and wildlife riddle in the middle of the whole set-up of the park.
- The Texas Theatre: Recognized as the piece of Dallas History this part of the city is full of special events and also has a historic movie theater.
- Reunion Tower: One of the Dallas well-known, it is the landmark with the dizzy height and the city’s tallest building. You can have a 360-degree view of the city from here.
- Adventure Landing: This exciting complex offers lots of fun for kids and adults, the staff here is very friendly and services are so good to replenish your energy.
Best Outdoor Activities in Chicago
- L.B. Houston Nature Trail: It is a wooden path between the hardwoods and native vegetation along the Elm Fork Trinity River. You can enjoy anything here whether it’s hiking, jogging, mountain biking trail.
- River Ranch at Texas Horse Park: Enjoy horse trail ride with Texas cowboys around the River Ranch at Texas Horse Park. Make sure to get your own cowboy hat on your shadow riding adventure.
- Trinity Forest Aerial Adventure Park: Discover the adventure of canopy tour and zip line thrill here with varying challenging levels. These levels are color-coded according to their difficulty level.
- Lewisville Lake: This lake in Dallas is very popular. Busling with boats on weekends and holidays, you can enjoy fishing, camping, hiking and golfing here.
Shopping and Nightlife in Dallas
Get into the Texas spirit in the nightlife of the city of Dallas. If live music is your cup of tea then there’s no shortage of opportunities. Granada Theatre on Greenville Avenue is the most intimate venue for watching an artist up to close. The city mingles the perfect harmony of beer and specialty cocktails. The Big D is famous for its exciting culinary scenes. The best restaurants in Dallas offers quality meals, barbecue and much more. The clubs of the most amazing venues in the city offers fully stocked bar and spinning DJs all night long to lose yourself for an evening.
List of Airports in Dallas, Texas
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is amongst the primary airport of Dallas, Texas that connects it to rest of the world. Dallas Love Field and Dallas Executive Airport are the rest of the airport to where you can flock to the city from all around the world. These airports operates flights to Dallas and flights from Dallas round the clock and offer world-class dining, duty-free shopping stores and other amenities to travelers.
Getting Around Dallas
There are many ways to get around the city including taxis, bus service, and car rentals. You can enjoy a number of walking tours in the city of Dallas as it’s the best way to get the amazing views of the city at there best. Known as DART, the Dallas Area Rapid Transit also runs buses and light-rail which connects the downtown of the city to Dallas Convention Center or you can hop on the M-line Trolley, called McKinney Trolley and explore the historic McKinney Avenue. In the night time taxi’s are the most convenient way to go through the lanes of Dallas. It is a very big city and you’ll always be glad to spend time here.