Kenned as the “Venice of America”, the unique city of Fort Lauderdale can never be separated from its sun-and-fun mythology, and this factor makes it certainly a place to visit. Located around thousands of canals and inland waterways, it is a beautiful coastal city that charms you with crystal-clear water, sparkling white sand, romantic cruises and delicious cuisines perfectly define your vacation here. Whether you are traveling with family, with friends or you are planning solo travel, Fort Lauderdale is a perfect travel destination for all types of tastes. If you love the beaches then it is one of the perfect beach destination where the beach and nature lover can absolutely relax and have leisure time.
Best Time to Visit Fort Lauderdale
The weather of Fort Lauderdale is outstanding from November through April. The preferable time to travel to the city is in the winter season. The peak season to travel the city is from January-April, when the temperature is moderate and the beaches are buzzing with various activities. It is also an ideal summer destination, where you can enjoy various beachfront activities.
Language & Currency
|Spanish & English||United States Dollar (USD)|
Top 10 Attractions in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale Beach – The beach lies at the heart of the tourist area in Fort Lauderdale. Once the beach was known for its spring madness, but now it’s more sedate but still entertaining. The beaches gradually get busier and livelier as the spring arrives.
- Bonnet House – Designated as the Fort Lauderdale landmark the Bonnet House Museum and Garden is a blend of art, architecture, history, and ecology. It reflects the creative lifestyles of the artist owners by preserving the natural setting of the Old South Florida.
- Huge Taylor Birch State Park – This oasis between the city is a gift to the residents of Fort Lauderdale from Hugh Taylor Birch. The former estate is a 180 acres park with fresh water lagoons, beach access, cycling path and much more.
- Stranahan House – This pin pioneers house is built by Ohio businessman and trader Frank Stranahan. The house is expanded several times and now it features wide verandahs, bay windows, and tropical gardens.The building is used as a restaurant and boarding house several times.
- Butterfly World – Butterfly world anticipate the true nature lover in us, with a truly magnificent experience. It looks like a beautiful tropical rainforest, filled with two thousand caterpillars and multicolored butterflies.
- Antique Car Museum – This museum focuses on the history of the Packard Motor Company. The one time CEO of Buning the Florist Inc, Arthur Stone is the founder of the Museum.
- Everglades Holiday Park – The episodes of famous Animal Planet’s “Gator Boys” have been filmed at this location. You can watch and enjoy educational ‘gator’ shows here.
- Museum of Arts – It is a modern three-story building containing a wide range collection of world-class renowned artists. It also offers educational programs to get to know about the unique art forms.
- Museum of Discovery and Science – This interactive museum features exhibits on ecology, health, and outer space. The museum displays the Everglades Airport Adventure, a real coral reef and much more. The museum is also home to an IMAX theater.
- Sawgrass Recreation Park – Most of the tourists expect the Florida Everglades to be a place where they can see swamp crawling alligators and snakes, but there is much more than these. The place is a fun way to get know about the Everglades.
Best Outdoor Activities in Fort Lauderdale
- Segway Tours – It is one of the best outdoor activities in the city. It can be the highlight of your vacations. There is no better experience to catch the soothing breeze while riding the Segway.
- Beachfront Activities – You can enjoy various beachfront activities with jet-ski rentals, fishing charters, and parasailing. It also offers family-oriented things to do.
- Paddle Boarding – This activity is much suited to the youngsters and fit ones. There are many areas, where you can have a great time in hot summers while Paddle Boarding.
Shopping and Nightlife in Fort Lauderdale
The Fort Lauderdale is a great place to get around. Miles of scenic beaches, the sheer number of bars, shops, restaurants, and a perfect example of premier luxury destination. The city overwhelms everyone. There are more than 4,000 restaurants that serve the most discriminating foodies around the world. The top picks are Steak 945, 3030 Ocean, Market 17 and many more.
The city has twelve outstanding malls and hundreds of storefronts, where you can get everything you want. Yiu can shop for the things your heart desires for in some of the popular locations such as The Galleria, Las Olas Boulevard, and Sawgrass Mills.
Airports in Fort Lauderdale
The two main airport serves the city is Fort Lauderdale International Airport and the Miami International Airport. The Palm Beach International Airport isn’t that much popular but is still well connected to the city. You can look for cheap airline tickets from Fort Lauderdale/cheap flight tickets to Fort Lauderdale and flock to any of the airports you feel convenient.
Getting Around Fort Lauderdale
The best way to get around Fort Lauderdale is by car, the roads are faster. Instead this city has an extensive network of waterways, which provides a unique experience of getting around. You can opt for a water taxi to get to your downtown destination. The car is the best way to spend more time in the city with freedom and ease. Sun Trolley is one of the best way to get around the beach area and through downtown. You will never get bored in the city of Fort Lauderdale.