Known as the ‘City of Angeles”, and the entertainment capital of the world; Los Angeles is a reclining cultural and financial center of Southern California. Home to Hollywood and heaven of natural beauty, it is a fantastical city that encourages the dream of millions. Being a sun-soaked metropolis leading the way in media and business. The city poses itself as a perfect getaway with the assurance of fame, fortune, and miles of beaches. You will find plenty of things to keep yourself entertained here.
Best Time to Visit Los Angeles
Although the city is warm throughout the year, if you are looking for a perfect beach weather, then book your cheap flights to Los Angeles from June-September.
Language & Currency
|English||United States Dollar (USD)|
Top 10 Attractions in Los Angeles, California
- Venice Beach – Known as the “Venice of America”, Kinney turned a series of drainage channels into canals and created a Venetian-inspired paradise on the beach. The beach is so amazing that it pleases everyone.
- Griffith Park and Observatory – Amongst one of the largest Municipal Parks in the United States, it offers an escape from the bustling life of Los Angeles. Acres of hilly trails and green spaces, the park is a fun-filled attraction.
- Disneyland – Located nearby the Downtown in the Orange County, it is the first theme park of Walt Disney’s chain. The theme park has been a star tourist attraction, which features rides and attractions inspired by the Disney characters.
- Universal Studio’s Hollywood – It is a sprawling complex in the San Fernando Valley. It is best known for its ‘family-friendly’ theme park. Many of the rides are based on the blockbuster movies, ranging from “King Kong” to “Waterworld”.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame – Every year around ten million people strolls along the mile-long stretch of the sidewalk, memorializing celebrities with embedded stars. It is just a way to keep the glamour of the Hollywood alive.
- Santa Monica Pier – It is one of L.A.’s most recognizable landmarks. The world-famous Santa Monica is famous for its bait shop and pier-end restaurants. There is an array of tasty eateries, a small aquarium, and a trapeze school.
- Rodeo Drive – The most famous shopping street in Los Angele’s, Rodeo Drive is a tourist hot spot. On this avenue of haute culture, there is always a chance of spotting celebrity shopping for the latest trends.
- Hollywood Sign – The famous Hollywood sign represents the glamour and excitement of the movie industry of Hollywood. Every traveler wants to take a snap with this iconic sign, but its hard to take a close snap.
- Getty Center – The world’s wealthiest art institution, J. Paul Getty Trust funds several institutions, including the stunning billion-dollar Getty Center, located in the high atop L.A.’s Brentwood Hills.
- La Brea Tar Pits and Page Museum – It is an unexpected sight in Los Angeles. The famous La Brea Tar Pits gave a treasure trove archeological finds for the famous museum, George C. Page Museum.
Best Outdoor Activities in Los Angeles
- Go Pier Fishing – A number of people gather at piers especially in Diana Point in a line fro Deep-fishing activity. All you need is a rod, a cooler and a chair to have a Deep-sea fishing tour.
- Visit Los Aneles Zoo and Botanical Garden – Located in Griffith Park L.A. Zoo is a living landscape of learning and fun. You can enjoy live presentations and shows here. You can find more than 1,100 animals here and many of them are endangered.
- Bike through the Lesser-Known Beaches – Explore cities some of the lesser-visited beach communities. The most iconic beach town in the city is Venice and Santa Monica. Take notice of the way and town transition via biking.
Shopping and Nightlife in Los Angeles
The city of Los Angele’s is kenned as the city that never sleeps. The amazing neon lights around the city will always amaze you. Clubbing is an integral part of Los Angele’s nightlife and the most famous nightclub in the city is Avalon Hollywood. It is a nightclub and converted theatre that hosts a range of music events by nationality acclaimed DJs. The iconic theater of the city is an amazing piece of art and architecture. Shopping lovers will find a lot of fun in the city. There are various outlets in the city that offers branded and designer clothes, sportswear, and footwear. Amongst these outlets, Rodeo Drive is the most famous one.
Airports in Los Angeles
The beautiful ‘City of Angeles’ is served by two international airports; Los Angeles International Airport and Long Beach Airport. Los Angeles International Airport is considered as the major airport of the city. You will always have the choice to get so many airlines flying to the city of Los Angeles.
Getting Around Los Angeles
The easiest and best way to get around the city is through the free shuttle bus from the airport. Outside of the arrival, you will find a number of shuttles from which you can take either shuttle G or C. Shuttle C will take you to the Metro bus center, from there you can continue on your way to downtown. The city is so big that driving is the only convenient way to reach any of the places in the city. The city is driver-friendly.
The bus is the extremely time-consuming way to go anywhere in the city. So avoid taking buses especially in the late night. The Metrorail is consists of five subway lines that run efficiently. Taxis are not advised to be taken for long distance travel as it will be costly.