The central city of Florida is a magical place. Orlando gives several things to do which makes it an ideal spot for vacationing, not only for families but for children, foodies, adventurers, and oldies. The great city is home to Cinderella castle at Walt Disney World. The city has grown to attract visitors with world-class restaurants to expensive outlets to an amazing concert and sporting venues. The city is perfectly known for its hospitality that extends too many hotels, spas that suit everyone’s budget and taste. The city has several parks and lakes that are great for strolling and having some calm time. There is no limit to adventures and exciting time in the city.
Best Time to Visit Orlando
Rains and thunderstorms are a common phenomenon in the city. You can visit Orlando during January and February if you are not comfortable with large crowds. But if you are okay with it then you can visit the city during June-August which is a perfect time for having a great summer vacation with your kids.
Language & Currency
|English||United States Dollar (USD)|
Top 10 Attractions in Orlando, Florida
- Walt Disney World – It is the most amazing family attraction in Orlando for many years. Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and MGM Studios are some of its highlights that entertain family and children a lot. There is enough to see and do and keep yourself occupied throughout the day.
- Universal Studio – It offers all kind of numerous attraction and entertainment to visitors. The mix of theme park and the working studio was designed by Steven Spielberg to give people an interactive experience. It is divided into two different parks: Universal Studios Florida, and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Its huge entertainment park City Walk features dining, shopping, movies, and other entertainment options.
- SeaWorld – It is among the world’s largest marine parks. With huge aquariums, touch pools, and dolphin shows the Orlando’s SeaWorld draws the attention of the family crowd. It gives the opportunity to encounter with dolphins.
- Discovery Cove – Located next to Orlando’s SeaWorld, it is one of the premier attractions. People can experience the mysteries of the sea in an amazing island resort. Visitors can buy one day pass due to the extreme popularity of Discovery Cove.
- Wet N’ Wild – One of Florida’s first water parks, Wet N’Wild has enough things for fun and thrill rides to entertain all day long. There are both individual and multi-person rides. Some of the highlights of the park include “The Surge”, and “Bomb Bay” where the rider is dropped in a capsule from a great height.
- Typhoon Lagoon – It is one of the Disney’s most popular theme water park, with all kind of rides and slides, and a special area for children to let them enjoy themselves.
- Island Of Adventures – The Island of Adventures is located in the Universal. It has five unique islands and each is designed in their own unique theme, rides and various entertainment options.
- Orlando Science Center – It showcases several branches of Science from mechanics to biology and applied tech. It has a variety of theme exhibits. Among all its attractions top favorite is “Kids Town”. It displays laser shows and large format films at the Dr. Phillips CineDome.
- Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe – The church was built in 1980 with the capacity of 2,000 people. It is adorned with stained glass windows. The church has 8 feet marble statue of Mary. In the outdoor chapel, there is another sculpture of the Mother and the Child by Jerzy Kenar. The famous Catholic Church serves as the place of worship for the locals as well as the visitors of Orlando.
- Gatorland – It is home to thousands of alligators, crocodiles and other reptiles. The place is also home to rare leucistic alligators which are white. The “Alligator Jumparoo” and “Gator Wrestlin” are some of the examples of the shows which are performed daily.
Best Outdoor Activities in Orlando
- The Florida Trail – The National Scenic Trail stretches to the entire state, including Central Florida and Kissimmee. It is maintained by The Florida Trail Association (FTA), that develops, promotes, and protects the hiking and trails throughout the state.
- Leu Gardens – It is a lush botanical garden with multiple pathways. Also the gateway to Orlando’s Audubon Park Garden District, it is a picture-perfect spot with lovely neighborhood teeming with cafes.
- Paddleboard Tours – This place is very popular to enjoy the waterways of Central Florida. Among the natural wilderness, you can enjoy paddling at Central Florida Paddleboarding based in Seminole County.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – The place is full of vegetation and natural wonders. You can enjoy strolling through the Maharajah Jungle Trek, which is home to two baby tigers. And the Pangani Exploration Trail is home to a baby hippo, which is so cute!!
Shopping and Nightlife in Orlando
Experience the fabulous and exciting nightlife of Orlando with cheap flights to Orlando. You can enjoy dancing, shopping, dining and much more in this amazing city. The city has hottest and trendiest clubs, shops, restaurants, and hotels. It has everything and anything to make a vacationing like a dream come true. Orlando’s ultimate bars, night-clubs, and ultra-lounges feature signature martinis and specialty drinks, and an extensive list of wines. Bongo’s Cuba Café, Club 39, Blue Martini are some of the names of city’s best bars and clubs.
While shopping in Orlando the first thing comes to the mind to find out such outlets that often roll out huge discounts on the big name designer labels with a quality product. There are few famous malls dotted around the city, amongst these the Florida Mall is the best one that draws the attention of some 20 million visitors a year with its 250 fashion outlets, electronics, and home wares stores.
Airports in Orlando, Florida
The primary, as well as the major airports of the city of Orlando, are The Orlando International Airport, which is located in the southeast of the central business district of the city and The Orlando Sanford International Airport. You will always have a bright chance to get cheap flights to Orlando and cheap flights from Orlando because of its good connectivity to the city.
Getting Around Orlando, Florida
It is so much convenient to get around the city of Orlando. It is very easier than you may think. It is a car-friendly city. You can hire a car to have more freedom. The city has taxis, buses, and shuttle options too. The roads are easily accessible and simple to navigate.